The SMC Center for Obstetrics & Gynecology provides compassionate care for women from adolescents to seniors. We are the clinical practice setting for the obstetrics and gynecology residency program of Spartanburg Medical Center, a program designed to train physicians in the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology.
Our practice is a member of Medical Group of the Carolinas (MGC), a large multi-specialty physician group serving Upstate South Carolina and parts of North Carolina. MGC doctors are dedicated to meeting your healthcare needs, from wellness and prevention to the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses.
* A Department of Spartanburg Medical Center
Services & Conditions
We provide care for women of all ages and our physicians are board certified and can care for any of your gynecologic healthcare needs. Our services include:
- Adolescent gynecology
- Annual visits and Pap tests
- Cancer screening
- Colposcopy follow-up for abnormal Pap test
- Contraceptives and intrauterine devices
- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Evaluations and treatment of urinary incontinence (urodynamics)
- Gynecologic ultrasound
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Infertility counseling and treatment
- Menopause education, treatment and management
- Pelvic support surgery
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome) treatment
- Pre-conception counseling
- Osteoporosis screening and treatment
- Robotic surgery
More information on gynecology services.
We also provide surgeries and minimally-invasive and daVinci ®robot-assisted procedures including:
- Endometrial ablations
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic removal of ovaries and fibroids
- Endometrial ablations
- LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) follow-up for abnormal Pap test
- Myomectomy (removal of fibroid tumors)
- Sacrocolpopexy (pelvic support surgery)
Preparing for a child to come into your life is a rewarding and oftentimes overwhelming experience. Our physicians will help you through the entire process from pre-conception to post-partum, such as:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Fetal monitoring
- Obstetric ultrasound in our office
- Information about childbirth education classes
- VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean)
Our maternity service fee includes 13 prenatal visits, delivery, and 6 weeks post-delivery examination. This fee does not include:
- High-risk fee
- Injections such as hormones, antibiotics or iron shots
- Cesarean section
- Circumcision of newborn male infant
- Hospital charges
- Rh titer or other special blood tests, including quadscreen and cystic fibrosis screening on the patient or significant other
- Hospital care other than delivery
- Fetal non-stress test
- Lab work, including urine dips, venipunctures, hemoglobin, and glucose testing
Important things to know if you are pregnant:
- Your appointments will be scheduled so that you have an opportunity to meet each of our physicians.
- If your pregnancy progresses normally, your visits will be every 3-4 weeks until the seventh month, then every 2 weeks until your last month. During the last month, your visits will be every week.
- We will need to obtain important information about your health history.
- We will provide an approximate due date. This doesn’t mean you will deliver exactly on this date.
- Our staff will meet with you to review your maternity payment plan. They will determine an estimate of how much your insurance will cover and make arrangements for the balance to be paid. This should be paid by the end of the sixth month of pregnancy.
Please arrive 15-20 minutes before your appointment to fill out your medical history and registration forms. You may also be provided a health assessment or questionnaire to complete in advance of your visit. To cancel an appointment, please notify us 24 hours in advance so we can make the appointment available to another patient.
What to bring with you:
- Current medications
- Medication reconciliation form, if needed
- Photo ID, insurance, Medicare or Medicaid ID card
- Co-payment, if required by your insurance provider
- Prior medical records, including documentation of any allergies, chronic conditions, treatments or surgeries
- Questions for your doctor
Current patients can schedule appointments by phone, or use the MyChart patient portal or app to see available times.
Learn More About MyChart
See Special Hours for Holidays and Inclement Weather
If you are a patient currently using MyChart, you may be able to request a refill through the app or online portal. For prescriptions not available in MyChart, please make an appointment so a physician can evaluate if the medications need to be changed. It could take up to 24-48 business hours for a refill to be submitted.
Our practices use an electronic health record system that allows for a seamless patient experience through improved communications, timeliness, patient information storage and portability. This system, called MyChart, will allow you to view medications, allergies, health issues and recent visits.
To obtain or transfer detailed medical records to another practice, please contact the Medical Records Office at 864-560-6273.
Insurance & Billing
Our practice accepts Medicare, Medicaid, self-pay and any insurance plan contracted with Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System. We also offer information about financial assistance for those who have no funding and may qualify for financial assistance. The Center for Obstetrics & Gynecology does not turn anyone away because of their inability to pay for services. Our patients are billed through Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Business Services, which you can contact at 864-560-4155. Co-pays are required for all insured patients. We accept cash, checks, MasterCard and Visa.
View Insurances Accepted