We are a comprehensive cardiac, thoracic, vascular and endovascular surgery group. Our physicians are board certified and perform surgeries covering all aspects of vascular, heart and lung surgery.
Our practice is a member of the Medical Group of the Carolinas, a large multi-specialty physician group. Whether you need a primary care physician or a specialist, the doctors in the Medical Group of the Carolinas are dedicated to meeting your healthcare needs from wellness and prevention to the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses.
Steven Leyland, M.D., of this office, performed the first robotic-assisted, beating-heart surgery in the South. Spartanburg Regional was the third hospital in the country to perform this procedure.
Our practice focuses on cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgery. We offer a complete range of surgeries within these specialties using the latest techniques and technologies of open, minimally invasive and noninvasive procedures.
Surgeries and Diseases treated:
- Coronary artery
- Mitral valve surgery (reconstruction and replacement)
- Aortic valve surgery (reconstruction and replacement)
- Minimally invasive heart surgery, including robotic and rib resection methods
- Congestive heart failure
- Atrial fibrillation
- Placement of pacemaker and LV lead replacement
- "Bloodless" heart bypass surgery
- Congenital heart disease in adults
- Minimally invasive lung surgery, including robotic and video assisted thoracic surgery (VATS)
- Cancers of the lung, esophagus and chest wall
- Tumors of the mediastinum
- Diseases of the diaphragm
- Carotid disease -- carotid endarterectomy, carotid stenting/angiography
- Aortoilliac aneurysm repair (AAA) -- thoracic and abdominal
- Endovascular aortoilliac aneurysm repair using stents, grafts, angioplasty
- Stenting procedures for leg pain and limb salvage
- Bypass surgery for limb salvage
- Venous surgery for venous disorders and varicose veins including the VNUS® procedure
- Endovascular peripheral angiography
- Endovascular transluminal angioplasty
- Endovascular renal arteriography and angioplasty
- Endovascular radiofrequency obliteration of saphenous vein reflux (ERFO)
- Laser atherectomy
- Angioplasty of kidney arteries and mesenteric vessels
- Operative ultrasonography
- Medical management of vascular disease
Click here for more information on Cardiac Services.
Physician referral is recommended for cardiac, thoracic and most vascular surgeries.
Varicosity, leg numbness or leg pain can be self-referred.
Insurance & Billing
We accept most insurance plans, including Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna and all Regional Health Plus insurance contracts.
We do not participate with Humana HMO, however, so our office is considered “out of network.”
We are considered “in network” with Humana Gold Choice PFFS.