Medical Group of the Carolinas - Spine and Pain Management treats patients who have an illness or injury that causes pain and limits their ability to function at home, work or play. We treat the whole person, not just the symptoms.
Our practice is a member of Medical Group of the Carolinas (MGC), a large multi-specialty physician group serving Upstate South Carolina and parts of North Carolina. MGC doctors are dedicated to meeting your healthcare needs, from wellness and prevention to the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses.
Pain relief is possible now.
Some of our specialties and services offered:
- Treatment of back and neck pain, any painful joint or muscular pain, and many other painful medical problems.
- Therapeutic exercise and braces
- Joint or muscle injections/epidural steroid injections
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS/EMG)
- Spinal injections: epidural and facet joint injections
- Trigger point injections/peripheral nerve blocks
- Botox® injections for muscle pain and spasticity
New patients by referral only, including VA-approved treatment and worker’s compensation. Same-week appointments available.
Please arrive 15-20 minutes before your appointment to fill out your medical history and registration forms. You may also be provided a health assessment or questionnaire to complete in advance of your visit. To cancel an appointment, please notify us 24 hours in advance so we can make the appointment available to another patient.
What to bring with you:
- Current medications
- Medication reconciliation form, if needed
- Photo ID, insurance, Medicare or Medicaid ID card
- Co-payment, if required by your insurance provider
- Prior medical records, including documentation of any allergies, chronic conditions, treatments or surgeries
- Questions for your doctor
Current patients can schedule appointments by phone, or use the MyChart patient portal or app to see available times.
Learn More About MyChart
See Special Hours for Holidays and Inclement Weather
If you are a patient currently using MyChart, you may be able to request a refill through the app or online portal. For prescriptions not available in MyChart, please make an appointment so a physician can evaluate if the medications need to be changed. It could take up to 24-48 business hours for a refill to be submitted.
Our practices use an electronic health record system that allows for a seamless patient experience through improved communications, timeliness, patient information storage and portability. This system, called MyChart, will allow you to view medications, allergies, health issues and recent visits.
To obtain or transfer detailed medical records to another practice, please contact the Medical Records Office at 864-560-6273.
Insurance & Billing
We are participating providers for most medical insurance plans. Because there are a variety of options, please contact your insurance company or one of our patient access representatives to ensure our practice is a provider for your plan. Please remember to bring your insurance card with you.
View Insurances Accepted
We request payment for all office visits at the time of service. Co-pays are required for all insured patients. If you have questions about fees, our office or Physicians Billing Service will be glad to assist you at 864-560-4413 or 877-596-2455.