As specialists trained in the field of women’s medicine, the Woman's Clinic provides comprehensive care personalized to fit the unique needs of each patient. The Woman's Clinic is a full-service medical practice, specializing in obstetrics and gynecology. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff is devoted solely to the care of women, and finding the best solution for your healthcare needs.
Our practice is a member of Medical Group of the Carolinas (MGC), a large multi-specialty physician group serving Upstate South Carolina and parts of North Carolina. MGC doctors are dedicated to meeting your healthcare needs, from wellness and prevention to the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses.
Services & Conditions
We offer complete care for women including: prenatal care for routine and high-risk pregnancies, menopause, gynecological disorders such as endometriosis, irregular bleeding, pelvic pain, and premenstrual syndrome. The Woman's Clinic offers screening services, including breast examinations, on-site mammograms, pap smears and 3D ultrasound.
We also provide surgeries and minimally-invasive and daVinci ®robot-assisted procedures including:
- Endometrial ablations
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic removal of ovaries and fibroids
- Endometrial ablations
- LEEP (loop electrosurgical excision procedure) follow-up for abnormal Pap test
- Myomectomy (removal of fibroid tumors)
- Sacrocolpopexy (pelvic support surgery)
We provide care for women of all ages and our physicians are board certified and can care for any of your gynecologic healthcare needs. Our services include:
- Adolescent gynecology
- Annual visits and Pap tests
- Cancer screening
- Colposcopy follow-up for abnormal Pap test
- Contraceptives and intrauterine devices
- Diagnosis and treatment of pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Evaluations and treatment of urinary incontinence (urodynamics)
- Gynecologic ultrasound
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Infertility counseling and treatment
- Menopause education, treatment and management
- Pelvic support surgery
- PMS (premenstrual syndrome) treatment
- Pre-conception counseling
- Osteoporosis screening and treatment
- Robotic surgery
More information on gynecology services.
Preparing for a child to come into your life is a rewarding and oftentimes overwhelming experience. Our physicians will help you through the entire process from pre-conception to post-partum, such as:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Fetal monitoring
- Obstetric ultrasound in our office
- Information about childbirth education classes
- VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean)
Our maternity service fee includes 13 prenatal visits, delivery, and 6 weeks post-delivery examination. This fee does not include:
- High-risk fee
- Injections such as hormones, antibiotics or iron shots
- Cesarean section
- Circumcision of newborn male infant
- Hospital charges
- Rh titer or other special blood tests, including quadscreen and cystic fibrosis screening on the patient or significant other
- Hospital care other than delivery
- Fetal non-stress test
- Lab work, including urine dips, venipunctures, hemoglobin, and glucose testing
Important things to know if you are pregnant:
- Your appointments will be scheduled so that you have an opportunity to meet each of our physicians.
- If your pregnancy progresses normally, your visits will be every 3-4 weeks until the seventh month, then every 2 weeks until your last month. During the last month, your visits will be every week.
- We will need to obtain important information about your health history.
- We will provide an approximate due date. This doesn’t mean you will deliver exactly on this date.
- Our staff will meet with you to review your maternity payment plan. They will determine an estimate of how much your insurance will cover and make arrangements for the balance to be paid. This should be paid by the end of the sixth month of pregnancy.
Please arrive 15-20 minutes before your appointment to fill out your medical history and registration forms. You may also be provided a health assessment or questionnaire to complete in advance of your visit. To cancel an appointment, please notify us 24 hours in advance so we can make the appointment available to another patient.
What to bring with you:
- Current medications
- Medication reconciliation form, if needed
- Photo ID, insurance, Medicare or Medicaid ID card
- Co-payment, if required by your insurance provider
- Prior medical records, including documentation of any allergies, chronic conditions, treatments or surgeries
- Questions for your doctor
Current patients can schedule appointments by phone, or use the MyChart patient portal or app to see available times.
Learn More About MyChart
See Special Hours for Holidays and Inclement Weather
If you are a patient currently using MyChart, you may be able to request a refill through the app or online portal. For prescriptions not available in MyChart, please make an appointment so a physician can evaluate if the medications need to be changed. It could take up to 24-48 business hours for a refill to be submitted.
Our practices use an electronic health record system that allows for a seamless patient experience through improved communications, timeliness, patient information storage and portability. This system, called MyChart, will allow you to view medications, allergies, health issues and recent visits.
To obtain or transfer detailed medical records to another practice, please contact the Medical Records Office at 864-560-6273.
Insurance & Billing
We are participating providers for most medical insurance plans. Because there are a variety of options, please contact your insurance company or one of our patient access representatives to ensure our practice is a provider for your plan. Please remember to bring your insurance card with you.
We request payment for all office visits at the time of service. Co-pays are required for all insured patients. If you have questions about fees, our office or Physicians Billing Service will be glad to assist you at 864-560-4413 or 877-596-2455.
You must present your Medicaid card at your initial visit. If you have not applied for Medicaid, you will be considered self-pay and will be responsible for all charges at the time of service. Once you have been approved for Medicaid, your effective date will be the date at which you present your Medicaid card to the practice. Our practice does not retroactively bill your charges to Medicaid for any previous charges on your account.