Make This the Best Christmas Ever!
The holidays are here and the Spartanburg Regional Foundation’s annual Festival of Trees campaign will give people a chance to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
“We look forward to these events every year, said Linda Harris, RN, director of Spartanburg Regional Hospice. “We have a wonderful time while also raising money for our program and the patients and families who need it.”
Trim the Tree
Dec. 3, 6 p.m., Spartanburg Marriott (299 N. Church St.)
The Spartanburg Regional Foundation will unveil its Festival of Trees Display and attendees can enjoy a cocktail party before taking in Dickens of a Christmas and other downtown Spartanburg festivities. Tickets are $40 and can be reserved by calling 560-6979 or visiting regionalfoundation.com. All proceeds will benefit Spartanburg Regional Hospice.
Light Up a Life Tree Lighting
Dec. 10, 3 and 7 p.m., Spartanburg Regional Hospice Home (686 Jeff Davis Drive)
Hosted by Spartanburg Regional Hospice, this event provides an opportunity to remember family and friends. For each donation made, a light will be placed on the Tree of Memory. All donors attending the ceremony—which will be followed by a reception—will receive a remembrance ornament. For more information or to make a donation, call 560-6979.
“The holidays are difficult for those who have lost a loved one,” said Harris. “It’s important to give people opportunities to not only remember their loved ones, but celebrate and honor the living. This has become a lovely tradition for our program and we hope many in the community will attend."
Holiday Wish List
Spartanburg Regional Foundation makes it possible for you to make a positive difference in the lives of others from the comfort of your own home. Visit regionalfoundation.com before Dec. 31 to take part in the Holiday Wish List online giving campaign.
Whether it is $15 or $500, your gifts can go a long way.
- $15 provides a Holding Cross for a patient
- $30 provides a grocery/gas card to help patient families
- $50 provides Christopher’s Camp for a child
- $75 provides bird feeders and bird seed for the Hospice Home Garden
- $100 provides an outing for a family
- $200 provides a week of art or massage therapy
- $300 provides patient medication assistance
- $500 provides assistance for Hospice patients’ utility bills and household expenses
- $1,000 purchases rolling beds for our Hospice Home patient rooms so family can stay overnight
- $2,000 assists with sitter and support services for Hospice patients and families
- $5,000 adopts a patient room at Hospice Home for one year
- $10,000 is a naming opportunity for Hospice Home Garden observation deck
- $15,000 is a naming opportunity for the Hospice Home Garden arbor
The funds raised from the Festival of Trees campaign are used to give peace of mind, support and comfort to hospice patients and their families through payment of medications, assistance with utility bills, purchase of nutritional supplements and groceries, providing linens and delivering warm meals at Easter and Thanksgiving holidays. These funds also enhance the overall Spartanburg Regional Hospice program in areas such as community outreach and volunteer and staff training.