Village Hospital to Host Community Day Saturday
Village Hospital will celebrate its fifth anniversary Saturday, October 12, with free health screenings, games, activities and more during its Community Day at 250 Westmoreland Road in Greer.
The event, lasting from 12-7 p.m., is free to everyone.
• Free flu shots to the first 100 community members
• Carotid ultrasound checks for people at risk for Coronary Artery Disease
• Blood pressure checks
• Body Mass Index
• Blood drive
• Family & Friends CPR classes
• Nutrition information with the Village Clinical Dietician
• Diabetes risk assessments
• Tours of the Bearden-Josey mobile mammography truck
• Regional One Helicopter viewing
• Free paper shredding
• Games (inflatables, face painting, & balloon animals)
• Food from local vendors
The health fair portion of the event begins at 2 p.m.
Experts on-hand to meet the public will include:
• Medical Group of the Carolinas Village Center for Women staff
• Medical Group of the Carolinas Orthopaedic Surgery-Pelham staff
• Greer Police Department, Duncan Police Department, and the Pelham-Batesville Fire Department personnel