Dr. Thurston received his medical degree from Texas Tech University Health Science Center School of Medicine in Lubbock, TX. He completed his general surgery residency at Spartanburg Medical Center where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Thurston also completed a surgical critical care/trauma fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Parkland Hospital in Dallas, TX. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons, South Carolina Medical Association, American Medical Association, Society of Critical Care Medicine, and Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma.
- Surgical Critical Care
- Surgery - General
- Texas Tech University School of Medicine, MD
- Spartanburg Regional Family Medicine Residency, Surgery, General
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Surgical Critical Care
- American Board of Surgery, General Surgery
- American Board of Surgery, Critical Care Surgery